Hip hip hurray – it is national Pigs in a Blanket day. While its origins are unknown, pigs in a blanket From y, also known as domestic pigs in a blanket day, is celebrated every April 24.
Pigs in blankets
In case you have never heard of them, Pigs in blankets are tasty little treats children and adults scarf down at family get together and big bashes. Perfect for breakfast or served as an appetizer, these popular snacks are small sausages or wieners wrapped in a pancake, biscuit or croissant dough or bacon. Not only are they fun to eat PIB, are easy to make too!
Pigs in Blanket Recipe Ideas
- Martha Stewart Pigs in a Blanket Recipe – This recipe of domestic diva asks for 2 pounds, or about 60 mini hot dogs, cheddar cheese, onions, an egg and thawed frozen puff pastry.
- Pigs Paula Deen in a Blanket Recipe – Paula Deen whips these delicacies that are as easy as pie. You will need 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls, 4 hot dogs and toppings. That’s all!
- Pillsbury Crescent Dogs – No one knows Pigs in blankets as Pillsbury. Be sure to watch step-by-step directions in the video embedded in this article.
- Mini Pigs in a Blanket Recipe – This recipe calls for croissants, parmesan cheese, garlic salt and Little Smokies sausages.
- Gourmet Mini Wagyu pigs in a blanket – do not want to heat up the oven? Ordered these hand-rolled gourmet snacks prepared with the boys Dean & Deluca.
If you call them wieners, weenies, hot dogs or francs, Happy National Day Pigs in a blanket!
Watch this video: